So, as you know I’m 30 years old and probably since I was 17 I haven’t had long hair, well real long hair.
When I turned 16 I was able to convince my mom that I wasn’t happy with my hair color. So, I started trying colors and high lights and I swear if it wasn’t for the roots growing out every few weeks I wouldn’t know my real hair color.
At 30 I don’t think my hair has ever really gotten to its long length I had before I started coloring it. Just because I have never left it alone. One day I was with a bunch of friends complaining about how my hair never gets longer and they had beautiful long hair. Till one of them told me that they were all wearing extensions, not only was I in shock. I wanted hair like that too. I tried a bunch of brands and now feel I have found the right ones to DIY your hair to make it longer or even fuller.
I have only tried 2 hair extensions methods Clip ins and Tape ins. The reason I have only tried these 2 out is that they are the only 2 that you can honestly do at home. I have always loved doing my own hair, it just makes me feel like if I make a mistake at least I am the one at fault.
For clip-ins, I only swear by 2 brands.
- Foxy Locks – this brand works out of London, But they are a great brand. It is only hard if you are on a time crunch, and you need long hair faster. I love there Seamless clip in extensions. They are great and you can barely tell them, in your hair. I always get the 18 or 20″ hair extensions in 160 grams. everything else just weights down my real hair too much.
2. Luxy Hair – This was the first online brand I found online, it had great shipping, plus the hair was great quality. But, unfortunately, their prices just went so high I had to find another brand online, and I felt at times after months of use they would get really tangled or the hair would get ruined easily.
The reason I loved only these 2 brands is because of the hair quality. I had one set for about 6 months and they still felt great. They didn’t get in knots throughout the day and they were thick, you want to look at the gram weight. That is how you know it will be thick enough to blend in with your hair.
Tape in’s I have tried out 4 brands now and only believe in 3, and yes all are on Amazon!
- Beauty On Line– these were the first ones I got due to a youtuber that loved them and swore by them. So for the price, I had to order them and wow are tape ins different from clip-ins. you can’t even feel them in your hair they just stick there and don’t move. If you were to get these I highly suggest you retape them as most of them pretty much fell out.
- Easyouth – These are the ones I have in currently and I love them. The price is great for 2 sets. With these, I also suggest you retape them, as the tape that was on them started peeling off in just a few hours. (doesn’t help I am always touching my hair)
- Googoo Balayage – When I decided to do highlights again I thought this would be the best way to go as it is less damaging to your hair. The color and feel is great but warning it can be hard to get the right color if you don’t know exactly what you are looking for.
What I use to wash them. I have had hair extensions for a long time so I have to say these are the only brands I swear by.
- Iles Formula – I heard about this through Emily Gemma the blogger as that is what was suggested for her extensions. and wow Do I swear by it. I honestly feel that it makes my hair better every time I use it. I do however suggest you pay attention to the directions as if you don’t do it right you may get the wrong results.
- AG Hair Care – I only suggest the Moisture brand and nothing with keratin or sulfates, as at times it can make my real hair feel fried!